How to Consign
How to Consign
At Decades our goal is to offer you a seamless and highly personalized experience while consigning. After over 20 years in business, our success is defined by our highly edited selection focused on brands which resonate most with our worldwide customer base.
We look forward to having you join the 10,000+ consignors who have chosen Decades as the second home for their high end and special designer goods.
Below find some answers to frequently asked questions by new consignors:
- What types of items do you consign?
From a neo-vintage standpoint (last 10 years), we focus on brands you would find on Rodeo—Chanel, Prada, Gucci, Chloe, McQueen, Balmain, Balenciaga, Louboutin, Saint Laurent and Hermes. Handbags, shoes and dresses are our best-sellers. We especially like collectible pieces—anything from the Tom Ford era at Gucci or the fairy collection from Prada. Our clients tend to like fashion forward brands too, i.e. Isabel Marant, not Armani. We require 10 neo-vintage items (in new or like-new condition) to open an account, with few exceptions.
From a vintage perspective, our focus is red carpet looks and accessories through the eras of the 1930s to the 1990s. Designers we consign include YSL, Gucci, Pucci, Galliano, Versace, Zandra Rhodes, Biba, Chanel, Missoni, Hermes, Halston and Ossie Clark, among others. For vintage consignment, please reach out to us personally, as we carry more designers and do not have a minimum piece requirement.
- What is the consignor split from proceeds? How I am paid? a. Our normal consignment split is 50/50. We offer you (the consignor) 60 percent Louis Vuitton handbags and 70 percent for Hermes handbags and ALL Chanel pieces. While other sites and locations may offer you a higher percentage, you will make a larger total sum with us at Decades as our items command top dollar. b. We pay our consignors once monthly. Checks are sent out to non-local consignors the first full week after the previous month closes. Local consignors are to pick-up checks in-store unless noted on the account to mail. If an item sells from the 1st day of the month through the last day of the month, you will receive payment the first full week of the following month.
- How long do you keep items? And how do you set prices?
The consignment period is 90 days unless otherwise mutually extended by Decades and the consignor. We price all pieces at highest fair market resale value based on label, condition, collectability, scarcity, era, etc.
- How do you sell your items?
Along with our flagship boutique, we offer our items for sale through web platforms (ecommerce, Instagram, eBay, Facebook), worldwide trunk shows, and third party partners.
- What if I don’t live near Los Angeles and I want to consign?
We have many consignors outside the Los Angeles area. Once we’re in contact and have finalized our consignment relationship, we will have you ship your pieces to our storefront in Los Angeles.
- Do you offer house calls?
Yes, we do offer house calls in Los Angeles for bulk consignment. Email us for more details.
- How do I contact Decades re consignment:
Either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the store directly at 323-655-1960 xt 2 during store hours (Monday through Saturday 11-5pm PST). To jumpstart the process, please fill out the form below and upload photos of your pieces and we will promptly respond.
Some tips on how to edit your closet from Cameron Silver: